Grants for Conservation Biology Research Program Goals
IMPORTANT!- If you are a student please check with your University's pre-awards program (or the program that handles grants and contracts) to make sure they are willing to agree to our contract prior to submitting your proposal to T & E. A sample contract can be found below. Please be advised that because of the small nature of our grants we do not allow overhead charges.
Proposal Format This format MUST be followed and submitted: One original by mail and one copy by disc or email for each proposal submitted for funding. Emails should be sent to email@example.com.
Proposals not conforming will be returned to the applicant. Proposals over five pages in length (excluding application page, budget, literature citation and resume) will be returned to the applicant.
A. Application Page:
Download the Application Page below and include it as the first page of your proposal.
B. JUSTIFICATION AND OBJECTIVES
1. Identify the problems that will be addressed
2. Clearly identify AND NUMBER each objective (ONE SENTENCE EACH)
3. Explain how the results will contribute to our knowledge of rare plants, rare animals, rare natural communities or species of concern, especially with regard to their conservation and management.
For each objective listed above:
1. Organize the methods in chronological order of accomplishment
2. Include protocols for data collection and analysis FOR EACH NUMBERED OBJECTIVE
3. Identify any problems anticipated—IF NONE STATE SO
4. Provide a brief justification and/or literature review for the methods
Describe the products that will result from this project. Typical products may include reports, publications, maps, tools or techniques, data summaries, species lists, population estimates, specimens, computer models, management activities or recommendations, and/or information transfer activities.
E. SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
Provide the following:
1. Starting date of the project
2. For each objective listed above:
a. show the schedule (dates of work)
b. state the dates of submission of progress reports and/or final report to T & E
c. state the date for production of any products, including manuscripts.
F. QUALIFICATIONS OF PERSONNEL, COOPERATORS, AND COLLABORATORS
1. List project personnel, their professional affiliation, and their role in the project (including time commitment). 2. Attach resumes for key personnel to the proposal. (you need not list publications of advising professor)
3. Name organizations, cooperators, consultants, and other individuals or groups who will participate in the project, and describe the nature of their effort or contribution.
1. Provide a list of sources from which you are requesting or have a commitment . of support (include in kind support) for this project
2. Include value of support requested and committed
3. Provide a breakdown of the project budget by category and source.
H. LETTER FROM ADVISOR AND STATEMENT OF PERSONAL LONG TERM GOALS* (Only from students)
Proposals must be postmarked no later than November 1. Mail To: T&E, Inc. PO Box 190 Gila, NM 88038 VIA UNITED STATED POST OFFICE ONLY - OTHER CARRIERS DO NOT DELIVER TO POST OFFICE BOXES